Four Bumblebee Camaros, the first production Ford GT Heritage Edition and Toyota Supra are highlights of the charity lots at the Barrett-Jackson 2019 Scottsdale auction.
Barrett-Jackson will offer 14 vehicles for sale for charity purposes at the 2019 Scottsdale collector car auction. Highlights of these charity lots include four “one-of-a-kind” Bumblebee Camaros as seen in the “Transformers” movies, the first 2019 “Gulf” Heritage Edition Ford GT and the first 2020 Toyota Supra.
Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale 2019
Barrett-Jackson scheduled its 48th Annual Scottsdale Auction of collectors cars and automobilia for January 12-20, 2019, at WestWorld of Scottsdale, Arizona.
In 2019, Barrett-Jackson sold 1817 of 1818 offered with total earnings of $126.4 million. Hagerty calculated the average price per car as $69,571. Five cars sold for over a million, including three charity lots.
In 2018, Barrett-Jackson earned according to Hagerty $112,3 million by selling 1709 of 1729 cars offered – an amazing sell-through rate of 99%. The average price per car was $65,692 with five cars selling for over a million dollar.
In 2017, Barrett-Jackson earned $102.4 million: nearly $100 million from the 1719 cars and $2.5 million for more than 1800 lots of automobilia. The sell-through rate was a very impressive 99.5%. In 2016, Barrett-Jackson grossed $105 million and offered 1,469 cars for sale while the memorable 2015 auction grossed a record $132 million from 1,617 cars offered.
Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale 2019 Charity Lots
Founded on the principle of helping people in need, Barrett-Jackson will continue its 48-year tradition of supporting charity with the sale of 14 vehicles during its 48th Annual Scottsdale Auction, January 12-20, 2019, at WestWorld of Scottsdale.
“Our commitment to philanthropy started more than five decades ago when my father Russ Jackson and Tom Barrett held a car show as a modest fundraiser for the local library,” said Craig Jackson, chairman and CEO of Barrett-Jackson. “We’ve since raised nearly $105 million for nonprofit organizations. We’re honored to have been a part of these charitable efforts in the past, and we look forward to building on that legacy in Scottsdale with our generous sponsors, consignors and bidders.”
1981 Jeep CJ7
Award-winning actor and advocate of America’s military veterans, Gary Sinise, will be on the block when a 1981 Jeep CJ7 (Lot #3005) crosses on Friday, January 18th to benefit the Gary Sinise Foundation. The world’s top automotive brands ‒ including Chevrolet, Ford and Toyota ‒ as well as NASCAR racing legends Jeff Gordon, Rusty Wallace and David Ragan, have also generously donated vehicles that will support our nation’s military veterans, medical research and other global projects that enrich the lives of countless individuals.
Emmy and Golden Globe Award winner Gary Sinise will be on the block to encourage bidding on a 1981 custom Jeep CJ7 (Lot #3005). The custom Jeep was built in collaboration with the Gary Sinise Foundation and Sunbelt Rentals for a future episode of Discovery Channel’s “Fast N Loud.” Custom-built by Richard Rawlings along with his Gas Monkey Garage team and dressed in a custom paint scheme to honor all the branches of the United States military, the Jeep will benefit the Gary Sinise Foundation, which honors U.S. defenders, veterans, first responders, their families and others in need.
Bumblebee Camaros at Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale 2019
Chevrolet will offer four “one-of-a-kind” Bumblebee Camaros as seen in the “Transformers” movies ‒ the original Camaro Bumblebee (Lot #3009) as seen in the first “Transformers” in 2007 and then modified for the follow-up movie, “Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen;” the 2010 Camaro (Lot #3009.1) as seen in “Transformers: Dark of the Moon;” the 2013 Camaro (Lot #3009.2) as seen in “Transformers: Age of Extinction;” and the 2016 Camaro (Lot #3009.3) as seen in “Transformers: The Last Knight.”
The entire hammer price from the sale of these four Camaros – which will sell together as a group – will benefit Operation Homefront, a national nonprofit whose mission is to build strong, stable, and secure military families.
2019 Ford GT Heritage Edition VIN 001
Ford Motor Company will be a part of auctioning two rare VIN 001 vehicles for charity, including the 2019 “Gulf” Heritage Edition Ford GT (Lot #3012) to benefit United Way for Southeastern Michigan. Featuring the same famous baby-blue-and-orange scheme worn by the Ford GT-40 that took down Ferrari 50 years ago, the package will also include the No. 9 graphics on the hood and doors, as well as a ghosted image on the interior door panels. After its much-anticipated unveil during the North American International Auto Show, the rights to the 2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 VIN 001 (Lot #3008) will also be sold in Scottsdale with 100 percent of the hammer price benefiting JDRF.
“The collector car community is passionate about supporting organizations and individuals who are making this world a better place to live,” said Steve Davis, president of Barrett-Jackson. “Working together with the generous support of our consignors and bidders, we’ve helped change the world in a positive way. Nothing compares to the satisfaction of knowing that the money being used to buy a truly remarkable collector vehicle will also provide much needed funds for people who are struggling in life.”
2020 Toyota Supra, VIN 20201
Among the most anticipated vehicles crossing the block to support charity is the first production 2020 Toyota Supra, VIN 20201 (Lot #3010). A build unlike any other in the world, VIN 20201 will be factory-finished with a matte gray exterior, red mirror caps and matte black wheels. The entire hammer price from the sale of the Supra will raise funds and awareness for the American Heart Association and the Bob Woodruff Foundation, which provides help for post 9/11 impacted veterans and their families. Medal of Honor recipient Dakota Meyer will be on the block to support the sale of the Supra.
Charity Lots at Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale 2019
In total, 14 vehicles will cross the block to support charity, including:
- 2018 Ford Mustang Cobra Jet (Lot #3011) – One of 68 built; benefits Fighter Country Foundation at Luke Air Force Base
- 2015 Ford Shelby GT350R Mustang (Lot #3006) – One of just 37 built, from the Bruce Meyer Collection; benefits the Petersen Automotive Museums
- 1967 Chevrolet Camaro Custom Coupe (Lot #3004) – Built to celebrate the 50th anniversaries of the Chevrolet Camaro and SEMA Show; benefits ChildHelp through SEMA Cares
- Jeff Gordon’s 2016 Chevrolet Corvette C7.R (Lot #3007) – owned by the NASCAR Hall of Famer; one of only 570 C7.R-equipped coupes, with just 747 miles; benefits the Jeff Gordon Children’s Foundation
- David Ragan’s 2018 NASCAR Ford Fusion (Lot #3003) – Raced in the Monster Energy Cup Series with David Ragan behind the wheel; benefits Shriners Hospitals for Children
- Rusty Wallace’s 1986 Pontiac Grand Prix #27 Kodiak NASCAR race car “Millie” (Lot #3002) – Built by Raymond Beadle’s Blue Max Racing and one of Rusty’s favorite cars; benefits Task Force Dagger Foundation
- 2015 Petty’s Garage Stage 2 Mustang GT (Lot #3001) – #41 of only 43 built; benefits Barrow Neurological Foundation
- 2019 Bennington SW Series Boat (Lot #3000) – Highly customizable with an abundance of options for the winning bidder; benefits the Arians Family Foundation
The 2019 Scottsdale Auction Docket is now available to view online
More on Scottsdale 2019 Collector Car Auctions
The first major collector car auction series of the year is traditionally the Scottsdale and Phoenix auctions in Arizona, USA, in mid-January.
Most major car auctioneers have sales in Arizona including Barrett-Jackson, Bonhams, Gooding and RM Sotheby’s. A notable exception is Mecum that start the auction year a few weeks earlier at Kissimmee in Florida.
Scottsdale, Arizona, 2019 Auctions Sale Results
- Scottsdale Arizona 2019 Classic Car Sales – Auctions Results Overview
- Bonhams – 2019 Scottsdale Auction Results
- Gooding – 2019 Scottsdale Auction Results
- RM Sotheby’s – 2019 Arizona Auction Results
- Barrett-Jackson – 2019 Scottsdale Auction Results
- Barrett-Jackson – 2019 Scottsdale Auction Charity Lots Results
Scottsdale, Arizona, 2019 Auctions Sale Previews:
- Top Ten Ferraris at Scottsdale, Arizona 2019
- Bonhams – 2019 Scottsdale Auction Preview
- Gooding – 2019 Scottsdale Auction Preview
- RM Sotheby’s – 2019 Arizona Auction Preview
Scottsdale, Arizona, 2019 Auctions Pre-Sale Announcements:
- Bonhams – Ferrari 500 Mondial Spider
- Bonhams – Team Cunningham 1959 Lister-Jaguar Sports Racer
- Bonhams – Miura, Porsche 904 & 356 Carrera Cabriolet
- Gooding – Four Mercedes Benz 300 Classics
- Gooding – Top 1960s Ferraris – including a 275 Prototype & 250 GTB SWB
- Gooding – Top 1950s Ferraris – including a 250 GT Tour de France, 250 MM Spider & 212 Europa Cabriolet
- Gooding – American Muscle Cars – including three Shelby Cobras
- Barrett Jackson – 2019 Ford GT Heritage Edition VIN001
- Barrett-Jackson – 2020 Toyota Supra VIN20201
- Barrett-Jackson – 14 Charity Lots, including four Bumblebee Camaros.
- RM Sotheby’s – Top Ferraris