A 1967 Shelby GT500 Fastback and a 2006 Ford GT were the top results at the Mecum Las Vegas November 2020 collector car sale.
Mecum Las Vegas 2020 Auction
Mecum Auctions held a live classic and collector car auction event on 13-14 November 2020 in Las Vegas. The sale earned $13 million with 316 of the 431 vehicles selling for a sell-through rate of 73%.
Top Ten Results at Mecum Las Vegas 2020 Sale
The complete top 10 collector-car sales results at the Mecum Las Vegas 2020 auction include:
- 1967 Shelby GT500 Fastback (Lot F105) at $253,000
- 2006 Ford GT (Lot F165) at $253,000
- 1967 Ferrari P4 Replica (Lot F162) at $225,500
- 1968 Ford Mustang GT500CR Fastback (Lot S88) at $225,500
- 2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 (Lot S119) at $192,500
- 1966 Shelby GT350H Fastback (Lot F139) at $176,000
- 1968 Shelby GT500 Convertible (Lot S126) at $165,000
- 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Resto Mod (Lot S159) at $165,000
- 2015 Nissan GTR Nismo (Lot S87) at $156,750
- 1929 Rolls-Royce Phantom I Convertible Sedan (Lot F129) at $154,000
Top Results at Mecum Las Vegas 2020 Sale
The two most-expensive cars sold at the Mecum Las Vegas 2020 sale were a 1967 Shelby GT500 Fastback (Lot F105), and a 2006 Ford GT (Lot F165). The Shelby, boasting a matching-numbers dual-quad 428 Police Interceptor engine, and the 9,581-mile GT both demanded healthy, six-figure sales, coming in at $253,000 each.
The auction’s third and fourth top sellers tied one another as well with the 1967 Ferrari P4 Replica (Lot F162) and 1968 Ford Mustang GT500CR Fastback (Lot S88) each bringing in $225,500. Seats seven and eight saw yet another sale-price tie with a 1968 Shelby GT500 Convertible (Lot S126) and a 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Resto Mod (Lot S159) each reaching $165,000.
The Las Vegas auction also featured several private collections among the 431-vehicle lineup, with The Flintrock Collection emerging as an audience and bidder favorite. Along with the aforementioned top-selling Ford GT and Ferrari P4 Replica from the collection, the group’s other three offerings hammered sold as well for a 100% sell-through rate and an impressive $825,000 in total overall sales.
Mecum’s next live auction event will be Kansas City 2020, which is slated for Nov. 20-21 at the Kansas City Convention Center in Missouri. Most other auctioneers are unlikely to attempt live sales until Scottsdale 2021.