Gooding announced a 1966 Ferrari 275 GTB Long Nose as the first top car for the Scottsdale 2021 classic car auction that will be online only.
A late-production 1966 Ferrari 275 GTB Long Nose, estimate $2,000,000 to $2,400,000, is the first top car announced for the Gooding Scottsdale classic car auction 2021. This well-preserved, single-owner 275 GTB has long-nose bodywork and torque-tube driveshafts. It has only 40,000 miles on the clock and is finished in an unusual Rosso Chiaro over red leather upholstery with cloth inserts.
Gooding Scottsdale Classic Car Auction 2021
Gooding & Company’s annual Scottsdale classic car auction will only be online in 2021. Bidding opens from 18 January with lots closing from 22 January 2021. Cars on offer will be available for in section in California, not in Arizona.
- In 2020, Gooding earned $35,867,560 by selling 123 of 138 lots for an 89% sell-through rate.
- In 2019, Gooding earned $48 million by selling 105 of 124 lots for a sell-through rate of 85% and an average price of $459,417 per car. The top result was $7,595,000 for a 1963 Ferrari 250 GT SWB Berlinetta.
- In 2018, Gooding earned $49.2 million by selling 110 of 129 lots for a sell-through rate of 85% and an average price of $447,415 per car. The top result was $8,085,000 for a 1965 Ferrari 275 GTB Speciale.
- In 2017, Gooding gained $33.4 million at the Scottsdale auction by selling 106 of the 126 lots for a sell-through rate of 84%. The top result was $3,300,000 for a 1925 Bugatti Type 35 Grand Prix.
1966 Ferrari 275 GTB Long Nose
A 1966 Ferrari 275 GTB Long Nose, estimate $2,000,000 to $2,400,000, is the first top car announced for the Gooding Scottsdale classic car auction 2021.
The 1966 Ferrari 275 GTB Long Nose, chassis 08863, is a late-production example that features the desirable long-nose bodywork and torque-tube driveshaft. This 275 GTB was delivered new through Western US distributor Modern Classic Motors to a Ferrari enthusiast based in Portland, Oregon. It remained in his family’s ownership for over five decades. Never before restored, displayed, or offered for public sale and showing just over 40,000 original miles, this 275 GTB remains in well-preserved condition.
Introduced at the 1965 Paris Salon, the 275 GTB continued Ferrari’s tradition of offering a thoroughbred dual-purpose sports car to its most demanding customers. Performance was electrifying, thanks to a new 3.3-liter V-12, five-speed transaxle, fully independent suspension, and four-wheel disc brakes. The car’s sleek and seductive coachwork, designed by Pininfarina and crafted by Scaglietti, recalled earlier berlinettas such as the 250 Tour de France and GTO.
Considered one of the most iconic and collectible sports cars of all time, the 275 GTB combines the very best Ferrari attributes in one beautiful, well-rounded package. This particular car embodies a refined, late-production example, with the improved long-nose bodywork and torque-tube driveshaft. In addition to its unusual color scheme of Rosso Chiaro with Red leather upholstery and cloth inserts, the car is one of the most unique and distinctive 275 GTBs in existence. Fresh to the market, eligible for countless events, and in superb unrestored condition, 08863 presents a truly rare opportunity to acquire a Ferrari that has had just one private owner from new.
Scottsdale and Arizona Car Auctions 2021
Scottsdale & Arizona Auctions 2021
Many auction houses have sales (live, online, or a combination) during the annual Scottsdale week in mid-January, including amongst others:
- Barett-Jackson: Postponed until the week of 22 March 2021 in Scottsdale, Arizona — live auction.
- Bonhams: 21 January 2021 in Scottsdale, Arizona — live auction.
- Gooding & Company: 22 January 2021 — online only.
- RM Sotheby’s: 22 January 2021 in Scottsdale, Arizona — live auction.
- Russo and Steele: 23 January 2021 in Scottsdale, live but private event with restricted admission.
- Worldwide Auctioneers: 23 January 2021 in Auburn, Indiana (but keeping the Scottsdale auction name!)
Scottsdale & Arizona Sales 2021 — Auction Previews
Scottsdale & Arizona Sales 2021 — Pre-Auction Announcements:
- Barrett-Jackson: Reschedule Announcement
- Barrett-Jackson: First Cars Announced
- Bonhams: Early Highlights
- Gooding: Ferrari 275 GTB
- RM Sotheby’s: Early Highlights
Scottsdale & Arizona Sales 2020 – Auction Results
- 2020 Gooding Scottsdale Sale (Auction Results)
- 2020 RM Sotheby’s Arizona Sale (Auction Results)
- 2020 Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Sale (Charity Lots Auction Results)
- 2020 Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Sale (Auction Results Announcement)
- 2019 Scottsdale Auctions Results Overview
- 2018 Scottsdale Auctions Results Overview
- 2017 Scottsdale Auctions Results Overview