Two VIN001 cars — 2022 GMC Hummer EV Edition 1 and 2021 Ford Bronco 2-Door — were the top charity sale results at the Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale, Arizona, collector car auction in March 2021.
Barrett-Jackson continued its tradition of raising money for charities during the annual Scottsdale collector car auctions by selling nine vehicles for charitable purposes in 2021 to raise $5.8 million. The top charity result was $2.5 million paid for the 2020 GMC Hummer EV Edition 1 VIN001 while the first 2021 Ford Bronco 2-Door VIN001 also raised over a million dollars. The top standard result at the Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale 2021 collector car auction was $5.5 million paid for the only remaining 1966 Shelby Cobra 427 Super Snake, CSX 3015 — see 2021 Barett-Jackson Scottsdale Auction Results for details.
Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Collector Car Auction 2021
The Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Auction in January (March in 2021!) is unlike anything else. It’s an all-encompassing automotive festival that celebrates the incredible diversity of the automobile. It’s an event that combines the excitement and thrills of an auction with a continuous variety of activities and events. The 2021 Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale auction was rescheduled from the usual mid-January to the week of 22 March 2021 at Westworld of Scottsdale, Arizona, USA.
In 2021, Barrett-Jackson sold in total, 1,054 vehicles for over $95 million, while over 1,000 pieces of automobilia brought in over $4.4 million, and $5.8 million was raised through the sale of charity vehicles, bringing the total auction sales to more than $105 million with a 100-percent sell-through rate and over 95 world-record auction sales achieved.
The 2020 Scottsdale Auction was the largest-ever auction held by Barrett-Jackson and its most successful. Over 1,900 Resto-Mods, classics, and supercars sold for more than $129.7 million, and over 1,200 pieces of automobilia brought in well over $3.7 million. The sale of nine charity vehicles – including the first-ever C8 Corvette – raised $7.65 million for great causes.
Top Charity Results at the Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale March 2021 Sale
Barrett-Jackson raised more than $5.8 million for charity at the March 2021 Scottsdale Auction through the sale of a record number of VIN 001 and first production vehicles offered at auction. In total, nine vehicles were sold to benefit charity. To date, Barrett-Jackson has helped raise more than $133 million for more than 130 local and national charitable organizations.
The top charity lot, which was the second-highest result in the weeklong auction event, was the 2022 GMC Hummer EV Edition 1 VIN 001 (Lot #3007) that raised $2.5 million benefiting Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Foundation. A second million-dollar charity lot was the 2021 Ford Bronco 2-Door VIN 001 Lot #3008 that sold for $1.075 million with 100 percent of the hammer price benefiting the National Forest Foundation and Outward Bound.
“Barrett-Jackson and the collector car hobby really stepped up for charity in Scottsdale,” said Craig Jackson, chairman and CEO of Barrett-Jackson. “We helped raise millions of dollars through the sale of nine charity vehicles, which included a record number of VIN 001 and first production models ever offered at auction. We’re grateful to our partners at Cadillac, Chevrolet, Dodge, Ford and GMC chose to leverage the Barrett-Jackson stage and give collectors the opportunity to own a piece of history and also benefit critical organizations. I continue to be inspired by their commitment to supporting those who need our help the most.”
Further Charity Results at Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale 2021
Further charity lot results at Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale 2021 included:
A 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo NASCAR race car (Lot #3000) that sold for $115,000 to benefit Arizona Animal Welfare League. Raced by seven-time NASCAR champion Jimmie Johnson, this Lowe’s #48 race car competed in the 2003 Save Mart 350 at the legendary Sonoma Raceway road course.
A pair of 2022 Cadillacs – including the CT4-V Blackwing VIN 001 (Lot #3001) that hammered in at $165,000, and a CT5-V Blackwing VIN 001 (Lot #3002) that sold for $265,000 – raised a total of $430,000 to benefit Black Ambition, a project of PolicyLink.
The first retail production 2020 Chevrolet Convertible hammered in at $400,000 to benefit United Way for Southeastern Michigan. The 2021 Ram 1500 TRX Launch Edition VIN 001 (Lot # 3004) sold for $410,000 with 100 percent of the hammer price benefiting United Way for Southeastern Michigan. The sale of the 2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Fastback VIN 001 (Lot #3005) raised a further $500,000 for JDRF.
Scottsdale and Arizona Car Auctions 2021
Scottsdale & Arizona Auctions 2021
Many auction houses have sales (live, online, or a combination) during the annual Scottsdale week in mid-January (and end March 2021), including amongst others:
- Barett-Jackson: Postponed until the week of 22 March 2021 in Scottsdale, Arizona — live auction.
- Bonhams: 21 January 2021 in Scottsdale, Arizona — live auction.
- Gooding & Company: 22 January 2021 — online only.
- RM Sotheby’s: 22 January 2021 in Scottsdale, Arizona — live auction.
- Russo and Steele: 23 January 2021 in Scottsdale, live but private event with restricted admission.
- Worldwide Auctioneers: 23 January 2021 in Auburn, Indiana (but keeping the Scottsdale auction name!)
Scottsdale & Arizona Sales 2021 — Auction Results
- Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale March 2021 Auction Results
- Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale March 2021 Charity Lots Auction Results
- 2021 Scottsdale, Arizona, January Auctions Results Overview
- Bonhams Scottsdale 2021 Auction Results
- Gooding Scottsdale 2021 Auction Results
- RM Sotheby’s Arizona 2021 Auction Results
Scottsdale & Arizona Sales 2021 — Auction Previews
Scottsdale & Arizona Sales 2021 — Pre-Auction Announcements:
- Barrett-Jackson: Carroll Shelby’s Personal Cobra 427 Super Snake
- Barrett-Jackson: Reschedule Announcement
- Barrett-Jackson: First Cars Announced
- Bonhams: Early Highlights
- Gooding: Ferrari 275 GTB
- RM Sotheby’s: Early Highlights
Scottsdale & Arizona Sales 2020 – Auction Results
- 2020 Gooding Scottsdale Sale (Auction Results)
- 2020 RM Sotheby’s Arizona Sale (Auction Results)
- 2020 Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Sale (Charity Lots Auction Results)
- 2020 Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Sale (Auction Results Announcement)
- 2019 Scottsdale Auctions Results Overview
- 2018 Scottsdale Auctions Results Overview
- 2017 Scottsdale Auctions Results Overview