Barrett-Jackson announced the first cars and arrangements for its 50th Scottsdale, Arizona, collector car auction in mid-January 2021.
Barrett-Jackson announced plans and the first cars for its traditional Scottsdale auction in January 2021. Another 2018 Ford GT is heading to the auction, as are American muscle cars, resto-mods, and several Corvettes. The annual Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale sale is one of the largest collector car and automobilia sales in the world and a major automotive festival lasting several days. Although Bonhams, Gooding, and RM Sotheby’s often have the most expensive cars, the Barrett-Jackson auctions are far bigger with much more action-packed events and a proud tradition of special auctions for charities.
Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Collector Car Auction 2021
The Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Auction in January (March in 2021!) is unlike anything else. It’s an all-encompassing automotive festival that celebrates the incredible diversity of the automobile. It’s an event that combines the excitement and thrills of an auction with a continuous variety of activities and events. The 2021 Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale auction was rescheduled from the usual mid-January to the week of 22 March 2021 at Westworld of Scottsdale, Arizona, USA.
In 2021, Barrett-Jackson sold in total, 1,054 vehicles for over $95 million, while over 1,000 pieces of automobilia brought in over $4.4 million, and $5.8 million was raised through the sale of charity vehicles, bringing the total auction sales to more than $105 million with a 100-percent sell-through rate and over 95 world-record auction sales achieved.
The 2020 Scottsdale Auction was the largest-ever auction held by Barrett-Jackson and its most successful. Over 1,900 Resto-Mods, classics, and supercars sold for more than $129.7 million, and over 1,200 pieces of automobilia brought in well over $3.7 million. The sale of nine charity vehicles – including the first-ever C8 Corvette – raised $7.65 million for great causes.
First Cars Announced for Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale 2021
Barrett-Jackson announced the first cars already consigned for the Scottsdale 2021 auction. Paying homage to the ’67 Le Mans-winning GT40 Mark IV is a Race Red Heritage Edition 2018 Ford GT. This 657hp twin-turbo V6 with digitally tuned and sculpted aerodynamics is a sure bet to turn heads when this subtly tamed beauty rolls across the block. Barrett-Jackson sold two similar Ford GTs at Scottsdale 2020 for well over a million dollars each.
From across the automotive spectrum comes “El Chapo,” a complete custom-built 1976 Ford B100. Created by the team at River City Rods and Fabrication, the 5.0-liter Coyote V8-powered hot rod debuted at the 2018 SEMA Show.
Scottsdale will again play host to some of the finest examples of American muscle around. The 1965 Tri-Power GTO Convertible is powered by a matching-numbers engine and 4-speed manual transmission. This expertly restored, factory-original triple-black “goat” is ready to cruise the avenues.
Corvettes at Scottsdale 2021
Lastly, Barrett-Jackson has what could only be described as a flotilla of drop-top second-generation Corvettes, each boasting its own unique character. The first is an award-winning ’67 427/435 convertible. Powered by its matching-numbers L71 427ci V8 engine and M21 close-ratio manual transmission, this ‘Vette is a stunning example of the breed. Finished in Rally Red over a black interior, the highly documented ’67 is one of the most highly awarded Corvettes you will find.
Open-top thrills continue with a custom 1967 Corvette convertible. Recently finished and built over a three-year period, this Resto-Mod is a true no-expense-spared build. Power comes from a 6.2-liter LS3 crate engine and routes the horses to the rear wheels via a heavy-duty T56 6-speed manual transmission. The elegantly crafted custom ‘Vette hugs the road thanks to a C7 Corvette suspension, and with Wilwood disc brakes at all four corners, it will stop on a dime.
A further Corvette already lined up for Scottsdale was created by master Corvette builder Jeff Hayes. Powered by a new GM LS3 8-cylinder Hot Cam engine with a 4L70E 4-speed automatic overdrive transmission, this beauty has received all kinds of upgrades – including an Art Morrison chassis – while retaining its classic good looks. Resplendent in a deep black gloss with a red Stinger and matching red leather interior, the 1967 convertible Resto-Mod is an emblematic piece of motoring history and a wonderful addition to this trio of open-top dream machines.
Scottsdale and Arizona Car Auctions 2021
Scottsdale & Arizona Auctions 2021
Many auction houses have sales (live, online, or a combination) during the annual Scottsdale week in mid-January (and end March 2021), including amongst others:
- Barett-Jackson: Postponed until the week of 22 March 2021 in Scottsdale, Arizona — live auction.
- Bonhams: 21 January 2021 in Scottsdale, Arizona — live auction.
- Gooding & Company: 22 January 2021 — online only.
- RM Sotheby’s: 22 January 2021 in Scottsdale, Arizona — live auction.
- Russo and Steele: 23 January 2021 in Scottsdale, live but private event with restricted admission.
- Worldwide Auctioneers: 23 January 2021 in Auburn, Indiana (but keeping the Scottsdale auction name!)
Scottsdale & Arizona Sales 2021 — Auction Results
- Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale March 2021 Auction Results
- Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale March 2021 Charity Lots Auction Results
- 2021 Scottsdale, Arizona, January Auctions Results Overview
- Bonhams Scottsdale 2021 Auction Results
- Gooding Scottsdale 2021 Auction Results
- RM Sotheby’s Arizona 2021 Auction Results
Scottsdale & Arizona Sales 2021 — Auction Previews
Scottsdale & Arizona Sales 2021 — Pre-Auction Announcements:
- Barrett-Jackson: Carroll Shelby’s Personal Cobra 427 Super Snake
- Barrett-Jackson: Reschedule Announcement
- Barrett-Jackson: First Cars Announced
- Bonhams: Early Highlights
- Gooding: Ferrari 275 GTB
- RM Sotheby’s: Early Highlights
Scottsdale & Arizona Sales 2020 – Auction Results
- 2020 Gooding Scottsdale Sale (Auction Results)
- 2020 RM Sotheby’s Arizona Sale (Auction Results)
- 2020 Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Sale (Charity Lots Auction Results)
- 2020 Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Sale (Auction Results Announcement)
- 2019 Scottsdale Auctions Results Overview
- 2018 Scottsdale Auctions Results Overview
- 2017 Scottsdale Auctions Results Overview