Barrett-Jackson moved the Scottsdale collector car auction to the week of 22 March 2021 rather than the usual mid-January.
Barrett-Jackson today announced the company will reschedule its January 2021 Scottsdale Auction to the week of March 22, 2021, at WestWorld of Scottsdale, Arizona, USA. At least two modern Ford GTs were already announced for the forthcoming auction. A triple-crown-winning 1965 Shelby GT350 is a further early entrant for the auction event.
Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Collector Car Auction 2021
The Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Auction in January (March in 2021!) is unlike anything else. It’s an all-encompassing automotive festival that celebrates the incredible diversity of the automobile. It’s an event that combines the excitement and thrills of an auction with a continuous variety of activities and events. The 2021 Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale auction was rescheduled from the usual mid-January to the week of 22 March 2021 at Westworld of Scottsdale, Arizona, USA.
In 2021, Barrett-Jackson sold in total, 1,054 vehicles for over $95 million, while over 1,000 pieces of automobilia brought in over $4.4 million, and $5.8 million was raised through the sale of charity vehicles, bringing the total auction sales to more than $105 million with a 100-percent sell-through rate and over 95 world-record auction sales achieved.
The 2020 Scottsdale Auction was the largest-ever auction held by Barrett-Jackson and its most successful. Over 1,900 Resto-Mods, classics, and supercars sold for more than $129.7 million, and over 1,200 pieces of automobilia brought in well over $3.7 million. The sale of nine charity vehicles – including the first-ever C8 Corvette – raised $7.65 million for great causes.
Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale 2021 Auction Postponed to March
Barrett-Jackson announced the company will reschedule its January 2021 Scottsdale Auction to the week of March 22, 2021, at WestWorld of Scottsdale, with exact dates to be announced soon. The decision to postpone the auction was made out of an abundance of caution to safeguard auction customers, sponsors, guests, and employees from the current spike of coronavirus cases, as well as the spike in the number of cases following the upcoming holidays that health authorities are predicting.
“While every indication showed that our bidders, consignors and sponsors were behind our efforts to hold our auction next month, we decided it would be prudent at this time to safeguard everyone’s health,” said Craig Jackson chairman and CEO of Barrett-Jackson. “We determined that moving our event to March 2021 seemed like the right thing to do to avoid the coronavirus spike that is currently being predicted.”
Barrett-Jackson showed that returning to live events safely was possible with their October 2020 event. The company went to great lengths to safeguard the health and safety of guests. While plans were underway for the January event with extensive measures in place, the uncertainty related to the coronavirus pandemic led to the decision to postpone.
Current ticket holders may transfer their tickets to the new event dates. Full refunds are also available. Details for transfers and refunds will be communicated directly to ticket holders.
Top Cars Announced for Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale 2021
Among the hotly anticipated No Reserve collectible cars already consigned for the March 2021 Scottsdale Auction are two late-model Ford GTs, including a red 2018 Ford GT ’67 Heritage Edition with less than 20 miles and a black 2017 Ford GT with less than 80 miles, which includes a purpose-built trailer.
Another showstopper crossing the auction block is one of the last ten 1965 Shelby GT350s produced. It was the very first ’65 GT350 to ever be awarded the “Triple Crown” — the prestigious MCA (Mustang Club of America) Authenticity Award, Gold in the Thoroughbred Class, and SAAC’s Premier Award at SAAC-43, all in 2018, the highest honors that can be achieved in each of the highly respected clubs.
Scottsdale and Arizona Car Auctions 2021
Scottsdale & Arizona Auctions 2021
Many auction houses have sales (live, online, or a combination) during the annual Scottsdale week in mid-January (and end March 2021), including amongst others:
- Barett-Jackson: Postponed until the week of 22 March 2021 in Scottsdale, Arizona — live auction.
- Bonhams: 21 January 2021 in Scottsdale, Arizona — live auction.
- Gooding & Company: 22 January 2021 — online only.
- RM Sotheby’s: 22 January 2021 in Scottsdale, Arizona — live auction.
- Russo and Steele: 23 January 2021 in Scottsdale, live but private event with restricted admission.
- Worldwide Auctioneers: 23 January 2021 in Auburn, Indiana (but keeping the Scottsdale auction name!)
Scottsdale & Arizona Sales 2021 — Auction Results
- Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale March 2021 Auction Results
- Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale March 2021 Charity Lots Auction Results
- 2021 Scottsdale, Arizona, January Auctions Results Overview
- Bonhams Scottsdale 2021 Auction Results
- Gooding Scottsdale 2021 Auction Results
- RM Sotheby’s Arizona 2021 Auction Results
Scottsdale & Arizona Sales 2021 — Auction Previews
Scottsdale & Arizona Sales 2021 — Pre-Auction Announcements:
- Barrett-Jackson: Carroll Shelby’s Personal Cobra 427 Super Snake
- Barrett-Jackson: Reschedule Announcement
- Barrett-Jackson: First Cars Announced
- Bonhams: Early Highlights
- Gooding: Ferrari 275 GTB
- RM Sotheby’s: Early Highlights
Scottsdale & Arizona Sales 2020 – Auction Results
- 2020 Gooding Scottsdale Sale (Auction Results)
- 2020 RM Sotheby’s Arizona Sale (Auction Results)
- 2020 Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Sale (Charity Lots Auction Results)
- 2020 Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Sale (Auction Results Announcement)
- 2019 Scottsdale Auctions Results Overview
- 2018 Scottsdale Auctions Results Overview
- 2017 Scottsdale Auctions Results Overview