A 2018 Ford GT sold for $1,210,000 as the top results at the Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Fall classic car auction in Arizona in October 2020.
Barrett-Jackson held the Scottsdale Fall sale as an in-person collector car auction in October 2020. Over 440 cars were sold in the no-reserve docket auction with the top result $1,210,000 paid for a black 2018 Ford GT. The sale also included charity lots and 350 automobilia articles.
Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Fall 2020 Auction Results
Barrett-Jackson returned to in-person events during the Fall Auction at WestWorld of Scottsdale, on October 22-24, 2020. During the three-day auction, the 100-percent No Reserve docket included 442 vehicles that sold for more than $23.5 million, while 349 pieces of automobilia brought in more than $634,000 and $845,000 was raised through the sale of three charity vehicles, bringing the total amount sold on the Barrett-Jackson auction block to more than $24.9 million.
In addition to the online and global TV audience, bidders, consignors, and invited guests were allowed to attend the auction events in person.
“We’re so thankful for the bidders, consignors, and guests who joined us for our first in-person event since January,” said Craig Jackson, chairman and CEO of Barrett-Jackson. “The feedback from our attendees was overwhelmingly positive. Working closely with the City of Scottsdale and officials from WestWorld, we demonstrated that we could host live events and maintain the highest standards of safety. We’re excited to carry this excitement into our January 2021 Scottsdale Auction.”
Top Ten Results at Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Fall 2020 Auction
The top vehicles, all selling at No Reserve, during the Jarrett-Jackson 2020 Fall Auction in Scottsdale were:
- 2018 Ford GT (Lot #748) – $1,210,000
- 2012 Lexus LFA (Lot #749) – $440,000
- 2005 Ford GT (Lot #725) – $302,500
- 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Custom Coupe (Lot #763.1) – $286,000
- 2017 Dodge Viper ACR (Lot #757) – $229,900
- 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Split-Window Custom Coupe (Lot #753) – $214,500
- 1970 Plymouth HEMI ’Cuda (Lot #740) – $209,000
- 2016 Lamborghini Huracan GT3 Race Car (Lot #726) – $198,000
- 2020 Jeep Gladiator Custom Demon Rubicon (Lot #760) – $198,000
- 1968 Pontiac Firebird Custom Coupe (Lot #698) – $187,000
- 1959 Chevrolet Corvette Custom Convertible (Lot #771) – $187,000
The 2020 Fall Auction featured three private collections and produced 27 world auction sales records, including the auction’s top seller, a 2018 Ford GT (Lot #748) that sold for $1.21 million. Of the 12 Ford GT cars sold for over a million dollars at auctions since 2017, half were sold by Barrett-Jackson. (Some made it to the auction more than once.). For 2020, Barrett-Jackson may claim three of four. Barrett-Jackson also sold two Ford GTs at the Scottsdale 2020 sale in January and already announced another one for the Scottsdale 2021 sale.
Charity Results at the Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Fall 2020 Sale
A total of $845,000 was raised for charity with the sale of three vehicles during the Fall 2020 Auction. To date, Barrett-Jackson has raised more than $127 million for more than 170 organizations nationwide. The three charity vehicles included:
- Ken Block’s 2016 Focus RS RX (Lot #3000) ‒ $200,000 benefiting Team Rubicon
- 2019 Ford F-350 Lariat Custom Pickup (Lot #3001) ‒ $275,000 benefiting Building Homes for Heroes
- 2020 Chevrolet Corvette (Lot #3002) – $370,000 benefiting Heartstrings Foundation
World-champion rallycross driver Ken Block was on the block to help auction his 2016 Ford Focus RS RX (Lot #3000), which sold for $200,000 to benefit Team Rubicon.
Top Automobilia Results at the Fall Auction 2020
The Automobilia Auction included 349 genuine, authentic items that sold for more than $630,000. The top automobilia pieces that sold during the 2020 Fall Auction include:
- 1950s Mobiloil Pegasus Animated Porcelain Neon Sign (Lot #8298) – $40,250
- Large 1929 Shell Oil Porcelain with Neon Sign (Lot #7299) – $18,400
- Late 1950s – Early 1960s Texaco Oil Neon Porcelain Sign (Lot #7298) – $17,825
- 1955 Texaco Fuel Island with Two Bowser Gas Pumps (Lot #8251) – $17,250
- 1928 Texaco Oil Wayne 515 Visible Gas Pump (Lot # 7270) – $13,800
Barrett-Jackson recently announced the first cars for the 2021 Scottsdale Auction planned for 16 to 24 January 2021.