Gooding announced 5 September 2020 as the new date for the postponed Passion of a Lifetime Sale in London — it could be the classic car auction of 2020.
Gooding’s “Passion of a Lifetime” auction has been rescheduled for 5 September 2020 a part of the Concours of Elegance at Hampton Court Palace in London, UK. the sale comprised only 15 cars from an extraordinary collection that will clearly the most-impressive classic car offering at auction in 2020. The top cars include amongst others a 1934 Bugatti Type 59 Sports (Estimate: In Excess of £10,000,000), a 1937 Bugatti Type 57S Atalante (Estimate: In Excess of £7,000,000), a 1928 Bugatti Type 35C Grand Prix (Estimate: In Excess of £3,000,000), a 1961 Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato (Estimate: £7,000,000 – £9,000,000), and a 1955 Aston Martin DB3S (Estimate: £3,000,000 – £4,000,000). The auction will be live but with telephone and advance absentee bidding only.
Gooding Passion of a Lifetime Auction in London 2020
Gooding & Company’s “Passion of a Lifetime” auction, its first-ever sale outside of the US, originally set for April 2002 but postponed due to COVID-19, will take place during the Concours of Elegance at Hampton Court Palace in London, U.K., on 5 September 2020. This historic venue, once home to Henry VIII and the Tudor dynasty, will serve as an awe-inspiring setting to a landmark sale.
The once-in-a-lifetime auction event will be staged on the palace grounds, providing both telephone and absentee bids and foregoing the traditional live audience. Enthusiasts worldwide can watch the live broadcast on Gooding & Company’s website, YouTube channel, and mobile apps for iOS and Android. Pre-auction viewing is available to the public with ticketed entry to the Concours. Celebrated auctioneer Charlie Ross, who brings his charismatic British charm to every Gooding & Company live auction event, will be commanding the auction stage.
“It is our great honor for Gooding & Company to present ‘Passion of a Lifetime’ at the Concours of Elegance at Hampton Court Palace,” states Gooding & Company President and Founder, David Gooding. “Car enthusiasts from around the globe have been anticipating this event since we announced it in December of 2019. The world is eager to witness the bidding as these exceptional motorcars find their new homes.”
Cars at the Gooding Passion of Lifetime Sale in London 2020
These 15 extraordinary cars hail from one of the world’s most revered private collections and represent the culmination of decades of research and dedication. The collector’s meticulous passion for the very finest brings together the most coveted and valuable examples of European sports and racing automobiles of the 20th century.
Complete List of Passion of a Lifetime Offerings
- 1961 Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato (Estimate: £7,000,000 – £9,000,000)
- 1955 Aston Martin DB3S (Estimate: £3,000,000 – £4,000,000)
- 1935 Aston Martin Ulster (Estimate: £1,600,000 – £2,200,000)
- 1939 Bentley 4 1/4 Litre Cabriolet (Estimate: £450,000 – £600,000)
- 1927 Bentley 3 Litre Speed Model Sports Tourer (Estimate: £350,000 – £450,000)
- 1934 Bugatti Type 59 Sports (Estimate: In Excess of £10,000,000)
- 1937 Bugatti Type 57S Atalante (Estimate: In Excess of £7,000,000)
- 1928 Bugatti Type 35C Grand Prix (Estimate: In Excess of £3,000,000)
- 1971 Lamborghini Miura P400 SV Speciale (Estimate: £1,600,000 – £2,000,000)
- 1965 Lamborghini 350 GT (Estimate: £400,000 – £550,000)
- 1955 Lancia Aurelia B24S Spider America (Estimate: £700,000 – £900,000)
- 1959 Lancia Flaminia 2500 Sport (Estimate: £400,000 – £500,000)
- 1924 Lancia Lambda 3rd Series Torpédo (Estimate: £320,000 – £400,000)
- 1919 Rolls-Royce 40/50 HP Silver Ghost Alpine Eagle Tourer (Estimate: £1,000,000 – £1,400,000)
- 1924 Vauxhall 30-98 OE-Type Wensum (Estimate: £800,000 – £1,200,000)
See also 2020 Gooding London Sale (Passion of a Lifetime Cars Announced) for a fuller description of these magnificent cars.
Major Online Classic Car Auctions in 2020
Some of the major classic car online-only sales by major auctioneers in 2020 include:
- May: RM Sotheby’s Driving into Summer – Results
- June: RM Sotheby’s European – Results
- July: RM Sotheby’s Open Roads: European & North American
- September: Gooding London — Results, Bonhams Brussels Sale, RM Sotheby’s Auburn Fall (Sales from September onwards may be traditional auctions if conditions allow.)
- October: Gooding (Geared Online)