A 2011 Ferrari SP30, the first Ferrari Special Projects car ever offered for public sale, is on offer at the RM Sotheby’s Paris 2019 sale.
RM Sotheby’s announced that a 2011 Ferrari SP30, the first ever Ferrari Special Projects to be offered for sale at public auction, will be a lead car for the Paris 2019 sale during Rétromobile week. This Ferrari Special Projects car is based on the 599 GTO and offered as new with only 110 km on the clock.
RM Sotheby’s Paris Rétromobile Week Auction 2019
RM Sotheby’s scheduled its sixth annual Paris sale during Rétromobile week for 6 February 2019 at Place Vauban in Paris, France.
In 2019, RM Sotheby’s earned more than €32.4 million with a sell-through rate of 79%.
In 2018, RM Sotheby’s earned €23,745,335 with a fairly strong 83% sell-through rate. In 2017, RM Sotheby’s achieved a gross sale total of €27,576,400 ($29,451,595) with a sell-through rate of 78%. In 2016, RM Sotheby’s grossed €19 million with a sell-through rate of 79%.
2011 Ferrari SP30 at RM Sotheby’s Paris 2019
The 2011 Ferrari SP30, chassis no. 188026, on offer at the RM Sotheby’s Paris 2019 sale is a true one-off built by Ferrari’s Special Projects division. (Estimate Available Upon Request / Buyers from outside the UAE could also expect a further hefty tax bill).
Ferrari’s Special Projects cars are only offered to the most select of Ferrari customers. Through the program, customers select a current production chassis and drivetrain to work with, and while it must retain that model’s particular hard points and homologated details, in terms of design, customers are essentially given a blank sheet and creative power of Ferrari’s own designers to turn their dreams into reality.
Roughly 40 cars have been produced by the department for Ferrari’s very best clients since its debut in 2008. Only around a third of Ferrari Special Projects cars are known to the public.
The SP30 on offer at Paris 2019 received early media attention but has remained largely out of the public eye until only very recently. Based on a 599 GTO chassis and drivetrain, the bodywork is completely unique to this car, defined by the 599 XX style rear winglets and speedster humps at the rear. Utilizing 458 Italia headlights and 599 tail lights, the car’s silhouette is clearly reminiscent of other front-engined, twelve-cylinder Ferraris. Boasting unique wheels, the scalloped bonnet most certainly inspired designers of the F12tdf. Presented in virtually as-new condition, the SP30 has barely, if ever, seen the open road, showing less than 110 km on its odometer. Representing the ultimate manifestation of the wildest automotive desires of its first and only owner, the SP30 offered in Paris is the first Ferrari Special Projects car to be offered for sale to the public.
Our offering of the Ferrari SP30 is an unprecedented opportunity to acquire something truly unique. The SP30 is an incredible example of the lost art of modern-coachbuilding, and an important piece of Ferrari history that is reminiscent of the one-offs from the legendary Enzo-era. Beyond the SP30, we’re thrilled to present exceptional examples of some of the hobby’s most sought-after supercars, all of which can claim a feature that sets them apart from their peers and each of which provide excellent performance vs. price value next to supercar royalty like the McLaren F1 and CLK GTR, which have entered a realm of their own.”Augustin Sabatié-Garat, European Auction Manager, RM Sotheby’s
More on Paris Rétromobile 2019 Classic Car Auctions
Artcurial, Bonhams and RM Sotheby’s traditionally schedule their first European classic car auction of the year during the Rétromobile week in Paris in early February.
Paris Rétromobile Week 2019 Auction Results
- Top 20 Results at the Paris Rétromobile 2019 Auctions
- Artcurial – Paris 2019 Sale Auction Results
- Bonhams – Paris 2019 Sale Auction Results
- RM Sotheby’s – Paris 2019 Sale Auction Results
Paris Rétromobile Week 2019 Auction Previews
- Paris Rétromobile Week 2019 Classic Car Auctions General Preview
- Bonhams – Les Grandes Marques du Monde au Grand Palais Auction Preview
- Artcurial – Rétromobile 2019 La Vente Officielle Auction Preview
- RM Sotheby’s – Paris 2019 Auction Preview
Rétromobile Auction Announcements
- Artcurial – 1939 Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B Touring Berlinetta
- Artcurial – 1931 Bugatti Type 51 Grand Prix
- Artcurial – Highlights Announcement
- Bonhams – Charles Aznavour’s 1966 Vanden Plas Princess
- Bonhams – German Classic Cars (BMW 507, Mercedes Benz 540 K, Gullwing)
- RM Sotheby’s – 1956 Porsche 550 RS Spyder & 2014 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse
- RM Sotheby’s – 1987 Ferrari F40 LM and 1996 Ferrari F50
- RM Sotheby’s – Modern Bugattis (EB110 SS, Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse & Chiron
- RM Sotheby’s – Ferrari SP30 (First Special Projects Car Ever offered for sale)
- RM Sotheby’s – Supercars Lineup