The Monterey sales during mid-August in California, USA, remain the most-important classic car auctions for RM Sotheby’s.
RM Sotheby’s Monterey 2017 Results
- 2017 RM Sotheby’s Monterey Sale Auction Results
- 1956 Aston Martin DBR1 – Most-Expensive British Car Ever
RM Sotheby’s Monterey 2017 Preview
RM Sotheby’s Monterey 2017 Announcements
Pre-sale announcements for the RM Sotheby’s Monterey classic car auction 2017:
RM Sotheby’s Monterey Classic Car Auction 2017
In 2017, RM Sotheby’s will have its Monterey sale on 18 & 19 August 2017 at the Portola Hotel & Spa in Monterey, California, USA.
RM Sotheby’s Previous Monterey Results
RM Sotheby’s had astounding successes at previous Monterey week sales:
In 2016, RM Sotheby’s grossed $118 million from just over 100 cars – 21 cars were sold for over a million dollar including three that sold for over $10 million and setting new marque records: a 1955 Jaguar D-Type, 1939 Alfa Romeo 8C 2900 B Lungo Spider and a 1962 Shelby 260 Cobra CSX2000 – the most-expensive American car ever.
In 2015, RM Sotheby’s offered around 150 cars and earned a world single auction record of $172,7 million over three days that included 35 cars selling for over a million dollar including four for over ten million dollar.
In 2014, RM Auctions similarly sold 35 cars for over a million dollar including three for over ten million dollar at the Monterey sale. RM’s Monterey week record was set in 2013 when a 1967 Ferrari 275 GTB/4*SNART Spider sold for $27,500,000 – still the most-expensive regular road-going car ever.
More Information on the Monterey Week Classic Car Auctions 2017
- Monterey Week – Updates on all Monterey week 2017 auctions
- Pebble Beach – Updates on Gooding auction announcements, previews and results
- Monterey – Updates on RM Sotheby’s auction announcements, previews and results
- Quail Lodge – Updates on Bonhams auction announcement, previews and results