A 1995 Benetton Renault B195 F1 single-seater raced by Michael Schumacher is on sale at the Artcurial Paris Rétromobile 2023 classic car auction.
Artcurial announced that the 1995 Benetton Renault B195 chassis 02 raced by Michael Schumacher will be offered for sale at the Paris Rétromobile Week 2023 sale. Details are still limited and no estimate has been released but a Schumacher-raced Benetton F1 has sold for over a million dollar before and Ferraris for considerably more.
Artcurial Paris Rétromobile Classic Car Auction 2023
Artcurial Motorcars: Paris Retromobile Salon classic car auction on 3 February 2023.
Previous Artcurial earnings at Paris Rétromobile sales:
|2022||€37.8 million ($41.7 million)||82% sell-through rate|
|2021||€18 million ($22 million)||Parisienne sale — Rétromobile cancelled|
|2020||€23 million ($25 million)||70% sell-through rate|
Schumacher’s 1995 Benetton Renault B195 F1 Car
Michael Schumacher’s 1995 Benetton Renault B195 chassis 02 is for sale at the Artcurial Paris Rétromobile 2023 classic car auction. This race car was driven by Michael Schumacher during the 1995 Formula 1 World Championship when he won his second consecutive Driver’s Championship, as well as the Constructor’s title for that year.
During the 1995 season, Michael Schumacher won no less than nine Grand Prix at the wheel of a B195 including the car in the sale. The car is offered in the Mild Seven period livery and has exceptional provenance.
Benetton Prices at Public Aucions
No estimate has been released yet but a 1991-92 Benetton Ford B191/B191B Formula 1 racing car raced by Nelson Piquet, Martin Brundle, and a young Michael Schumacher sold for €1,058,000 ($1,200,618) at the Bonhams Monaco 2016 auction. Schumacher Ferraris have of course sold for significantly more, including the current record holder: the 2003 Ferrari F2003-GA F1 racing car in which Michael Schumacher secured his sixth championship (and won five Grand Prix races) sold for an astonishing CHF 14,630,000 (US$ 14,880,000) at Sotheby’s Geneva Luxury Week sale in 2022.
Paris Rétromobile Week Auctions 2023
Classic Car Auctions
The following three sales traditionally open the European classic car auction year during the Paris Rétromobile Week that is held from 1 to 5 February 2023 at Paris Expo, Porte de Versailles
- Artcurial: Rétromobile Sale on 3 February 2023.
- Bonhams: Les Grandes Marques à Paris Sale on 2 February 2023.
- RM Sotheby’s: Paris Auction 1 February 2023 at Salles du Carrousel du Louvre.
Paris Rétromobile Auctions 2023 Results
Paris Rétromobile Auctions 2023 Pre-Sale Announcements
- Artcurial: 1936 Bugatti Type 57 Atalante
- Artcurial: Schumacher Benetton B195
- Artcurial: 1964 Ferrari 250 LM
- Bonhams: Pre-Sale Auction Preview
- Bonhams: Maradona’s 1980 Mercedes-Benz 450SLC
- RM Sotheby’s: 2022 Bugatti Chiron Profilée
- RM Sotheby’s: 2020 McLaren Senna LM
Previous Paris Rétromobile Week Auction Results
- 2022 Paris Rétromobile Sales Results: Artcurial, RM Sotheby’s, Bonhams
- 2021 Artcurial Parisienne Sale Results (Rétromobile was canceled in 2021)
- 2020 Paris Auction Results: Artcurial, Bonhams, RM Sotheby’s
- 2019 Paris Auction: Top 20 Results, Artcurial, Bonhams, RM Sotheby’s
- 2018 Paris Auction Results: General Overview, Artcurial, Bonhams, RM Sotheby’s
- 2017 Paris Auction Results: Artcurial, Bonhams, RM Sotheby’s
- 2016 Paris Auction Results: Artcurial, RM Sotheby’s, Bonhams, 1957 Ferrari 335 Sport
- 2015 Paris Auction Results: Results Overview, Artcurial, Bonhams, RM Auctions
- Results of the 2014 Paris Classic Car Auctions