A 1957 Ferrari 250 GTB LWB and a record 1995 Ferrari F50 were the top results at the Broad Arrow Monterey 2022 sale.
The top result at the Broad Arrow Auctions inaugural Monterey 2022 sale was $5,500,000 paid for a 1957 Ferrari 250 GT LWB Berlinetta Scaglietti “Tour de France”. It was followed by a 1995 Ferrari F50 sold for $5,175,000 — one of 14 new world record prices set by Broad Arrow at Monterey. 15 cars sold for over $1 million.
Broad Arrow Auctions Monterey Sale 2022
Broad Arrow Auctions, a Hagerty company, held its first classic car auction during the Monterey Motor Week on 18 August 2022 at the Monterey Jet Center. It earned a remarkable $55,256,900 with 88 percent of all 93 lots on oﬀer sold.
The auction was held in conjunction with Hagerty’s reimagined Motorlux event (formerly McCall’s Motorworks Revival).
Top Results at Broad Arrow Monterey Auction 2022
Broad Arrow Auctions sold the following 15 cars for more than a million dollars at the Monterey 2022 sale:
|1||1957||Ferrari 250 GT||5,500,000|
|4||1971||Mercedes-Benz 600 LWB Landaulet||2,590,000|
|5||1964||Aston Martin DB5||2,425,000|
|7||2015||Porsche 918 Spyder||1,930,000|
|9||2005||Porsche Carrera GT||1,765,000|
|11||1956||Mercedes-Benz 300 SL||1,627,500|
|14||1957||Bentley S1 Continental||1,215,000|
|15||1930||Duesenberg Model J||1,000,000|
Million-Dollar Results at Broad Arrow Monterey 2022 Auction
The top result at the Broad Arrow Auctions Monterey 2022 sale was $5,500,000 paid for a 1957 Ferrari 250 GT LWB Berlinetta Scaglietti “Tour de France”. The sale of this classic Ferrari was concluded immediately after the auction and included in published results
The top result during the auction was even more spectacular — it increased the world-record price for a 1995 Ferrari F50 to $5,175,000. This three-owner, 5,000-mile, Classiche-certiﬁed set the new model record and was over half a million dollars higher than the result for an F50 at Gooding Pebble Beach 2022. The Ferrari F50 led the charge for a total of 14 new world record prices set by Broad Arrow at Monterey 2022.
Further Ferrari results included a 2015 Ferrari LaFerrari, oﬀered from The Halo Car Collection in “as-new” condition at $3,910,000 and a well-preserved, Ferrari Classiche-certiﬁed 1990 Ferrari F40 at $1,985,000.
Three Porsche supercars also sold well: a 2015 Porsche 918 Spyder Weissach Package achieved $1,930,000, a 1987 Porsche 959 sold for $1,875,000, while a 2005 Porsche Carrera GT went for $1,765,000 — about a million dollar more than the same model tended to achieve as recent as two years ago.
A meticulously prepared 1964 Aston Martin DB5 oﬀered from the Estate of Sir Sean Connery sold for $2,425,000, with a signiﬁcant portion of proceeds to beneﬁt the Sean Connery Philanthropy Fund. A personal drive with Sir Jackie Stewart was included as part of the purchase.
A 1971 Mercedes-Benz 600 LWB Landaulet, one of just 26 six-door 600 Pullman landaulets built between 1963 and 1981, brought an auction record of $2,590,000. The car was originally used by Mobutu Sese Seko — the odious dictator of Zaire.
A 1981 BMW M1 achieved $692,500, yet another new record price at auction for a road model.
Monterey Week 2022 Classic Car Auctions
Monterey Week 2022 Auction Results:
Monterey Week 2022 Auction Previews:
Monterey Week 2022 Pre-Auction Announcements
- Bonhams: 1938 Bugatti Type 57C Atalante
- Bonhams: 1963 Jaguar E-Type Lightweight Competition (ex-Brigg Cunningham)
- Gooding: Top Bugattis (incl: Type 57SC Atalante & Type 35 Grand Prix)
- Gooding: Top Ferraris — classics and modern supercars
- Gooding: Top British Cars (incl: Bentley Blower and Eight Litre Sports Tourer)
- Gooding: Wonder Collection including 1999 Ferrari 333 SP
- Gooding: 1930s Classics from the Vincent Estate
- Mecum: Ferrari Prototypes and Marmon Classics
- RM Sotheby’s: 1955 Ferrari 410 Sport Spider by Scaglietti
- RM Sotheby’s: Schumacher 1998 Ferrari F300
- RM Sotheby’s: Masterworks of Design Collection (1924 Hispano-Suiza H6C “Tulipwood” Torpedo, 1937 Mercedes-Benz 540 K Special Roadster)
- RM Sotheby’s: 1955 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Alloy Gullwing
- RM Sotheby’s: 1966 Ferrari 275 GTB/C
- RM Sotheby’s: The Oscar Davis Collection of 27 vehicles valued at $100 million
Previous Monterey Week Auction Results