Sammy Hagar’s 2015 Ferrari LaFerrari is the first high-profile car announced for sale at the Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale 2024 collector car auction in Arizona, USA.
A unique cream 2015 Ferrari LaFerrari owned by Sammy Hagar is heading to the Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale car auction in January 2024. The LaFerrari, built to the specifications requested by the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame artist and former Van Halen frontman Sammy Hager, has a unique cream interior over cream interior inspired by a classic Ferrari Hagar saw at the factory in Maranello. It has only 1,100 miles on the clock.
Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Sale 2024
Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Sale 2024: scheduled for January 20 to 28, 2024, at the Westworld of Scottsdale in Arizona, USA. Although Mecum starts the American collector car auction season in early to mid-January in Kissimmee in Florida, the first major car auction series of the year is traditionally in Scottsdale, Arizona, where Barrett-Jackson offers the biggest show.
- In 2023, Barrett-Jackson earned $184.2 million from selling 1907 cars and $6.41 million from automobilia. Barrett-Jackson also raised $1.89 million for charity from five cars to surpass the $150 million milestone for funds raised for charity to date.
- In 2022, Barrett-Jackson earned around $195.9 million with a 100% sell-through rate on 1,841 cars and $7.3 million on 1,153 pieces of automobilia for a total of over $203.2 million. Additionally, Barrett-Jackson raised $8.8 million on ten charity lots.
Sammy Hagar’s LaFerrari at Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale 2024
A unique cream 2015 Ferrari LaFerrari owned by legendary Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee, multi-platinum solo artist, and former Van Halen frontman Sammy Hagar is offered for sale on January 27 at the Barrett-Jackson 2024 Scottsdale Auction. No estimate has been released yet.
Custom designed by Hagar, this LaFerrari features a unique cream exterior, matching the color of a 1960s Ferrari that Hagar saw pictured on the wall at the Maranello factory during his visit in 2014. It is further enhanced by carbon fiber and black accents that contribute to its visual appeal, capturing the essence of the Italian automotive artistry.
“This is undoubtedly my favorite car I’ve ever owned,” said Hagar. “It’s an incredible machine and I’ve adored it since I took delivery of it in 2015, but the time has come to pass it on to someone else who will hopefully enjoy it as much as I have. It’s a priceless vehicle that is true to the essence of Ferrari – a marque I’ve loved for a long time. I look forward to being there when it crosses the auction block in January, and together with Craig and the Barrett-Jackson team, we’re going to make it a party for the ages!”
With only 1,100 approximate miles, this hypercar boasts a remarkable hybrid powertrain, combining a naturally aspirated 6.3-liter V12 engine with an electric motor. Together, the duo produces 949 horsepower, propelling the car from 0-60 mph in under 3 seconds and reaching a top speed of over 217 mph. The LaFerrari’s F1-inspired KERS (Kinetic Energy Recovery System) ensures instant torque and lightning-fast acceleration, solidifying its track monster status.
Ferrari LaFerrari Prices at Public Auction
Ferrari produced 499 LaFerraris for public sale with prices before options (and taxes) starting at around $1.5 million. A 500th LaFerrari was produced and sold for $7 million in a special RM Sotheby’s charity auction in 2016.
Only around two dozen LaFerraris were sold at public auction since 2013. Prices ranged from around $2 million to $5 million. Only one LaFerrari sold in an auction in 2023 — a 2014 Ferrari LaFerrari finished in Blu Elettrico over Crema leather sold for $4,075,000 as the top result in the RM Sotheby’s Arizona 2023 classic car auction. This LaFerrari was delivered new to Ferrari super-collector Greg Whitten. The price was the highest paid for a LaFerrari at auction since a mat black 2014 LaFerrari sold for $5,170,000 at Mecum Monterey 2016.
Scottsdale and Arizona Car Auctions 2024
Many auction houses have sales during the annual Scottsdale week in Arizona, USA, in late January 2024, including amongst others:
- Barett-Jackson: 20 to 28 January 2024 in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Bonhams: 25 January 2024 in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- RM Sotheby’s: 25 January 2024 in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Gooding & Company: no Scottsdale auction scheduled in 2024.
Scottsdale & Arizona 2024 Pre-Sale Announcements
- Barrett-Jackson: Sammy Hagar’s LaFerrari
Scottsdale & Arizona Sales — Previous Auction Results
- 2023: Barrett-Jackson (Charity Lots), Bonhams, RM Sotheby’s
- 2022: Barrett-Jackson (Charity Lots), Bonhams, Gooding, RM Sotheby’s
- 2021: Overview, Barrett-Jackson (Charity Lots), Bonhams, Gooding, RM Sotheby’s
- 2020: Gooding, RM Sotheby’s, Barrett-Jackson & Barrett-Jackson (Charity Lots).
- 2019 Scottsdale Auctions Results Overview
- 2018 Scottsdale Auctions Results Overview
- 2017 Scottsdale Auctions Results Overview
- 2016: Barrett-Jackson, Gooding, RM Sotheby’s, Bonhams
- 2015 Scottsdale Results Overview
- 2014 Scottsdale & Arizona Collector Car Auction Results