Barrett-Jackson had strong charity car results at the Scottsdale 2023 collector car auction to increase the amount raised by the auctioneer for charities to over $150 million with a clear commitment to continue fundraising efforts in the future.
A 2021 Shelby Super Snake Count’s Kustoms Edition sold for $275,000 at the Barrett-Jackson 2023 car auction to take the amount raised for charities at Barrett-Jackson sales to over $150 million. The results for two VIN001 cars were even higher when the first 2024 Ford Mustang GT Fastback sold for $565,000 and the first retail production 2024 GMC Hummer EV SUV achieved $500,000. The sale also included General Colin L. Powell’s 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray.
Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Collector Car Auction 2023
The Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale 2023 auction is scheduled for January 21 to 29, 2023, at Westworld of Scottsdale, Arizona, USA.
In 2023, Barrett-Jackson earned $184.2 million from selling 1907 cars and $6.41 million from automobilia. Barrett-Jackson also raised $1.89 million for charity from five cars to surpass the $150 million milestone for funds raised for charity to date.
In 2022, Barrett-Jackson earned around $195.9 million with a 100% sell-through rate on 1,841 cars and $7.3 million on 1,153 pieces of automobilia for a total of over $203.2 million. Additionally, Barrett-Jackson raised $8.8 million on ten charity lots.
In 2021, Barrett-Jackson sold in total, 1,054 vehicles for over $95 million and $5.8 million was raised through the sale of charity vehicles.
The 2020 Scottsdale Auction was the largest-ever auction held by Barrett-Jackson and its most successful. Over 1,900 Resto-Mods, classics, and supercars sold for more than $129.7 million, and over 1,200 pieces of automobilia brought in well over $3.7 million. The sale of nine charity vehicles – including the first-ever C8 Corvette – raised $7.65 million for great causes.
Top Charity Results at Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale 2023 Sale
During the Scottsdale 2023 collector car auction, Barrett-Jackson surpassed the $150 million milestone in total dollars raised for charity to date. With 100 percent of the hammer price going directly to charity, the milestone was achieved with the sale of a 2021 Shelby Super Snake Count’s Kustoms Edition (Lot #3000) that sold for $350,000 to benefit Camp Freedom, Inc. during the 2023 Scottsdale Auction at WestWorld of Scottsdale.
Two highly collectible VIN 001 vehicles including the 2024 GMC HUMMER EV SUV Edition 1 VIN 001 First Retail Production (Lot #3002) achieved $500,000 to benefit Tread Lightly! while the 2024 Ford Mustang GT Fastback VIN 001 (Lot #3004) sold for $565,000 with 100 percent of the hammer price going to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
Further charity lot results in the auction included a 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning 4×4 Super Crew Pickup (Lot #3001) that sold for $275,000 to benefit Fighter Country Foundation and General Colin L. Powell’s 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (Lot #3003) sold for $200,000 to benefit America’s Promise Alliance.
Top Charity Lot Results at Barrett-Jackson Auctions
The top charity cars sold at Barrett-Jackson over the years include:
- 1950 General Motors Futurliner Parade of Progress Tour Bus – $4,000,000
- 2023 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 VIN 001 – $3,600,000
- 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray VIN 001 – $3,000,000
- 2019 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 – Last Built – $2,700,000
- 2022 GMC HUMMER EV Edition 1 VIN 001 – $2,500,000
- 2019 Ford GT Heritage Edition VIN 001 – $2,500,000
- 2017 Ford GT – $2,500,000
“Raising over $150 million for charity is an amazing achievement worth celebrating,” said Carolyn Jackson, Chief Philanthropy Officer for Barrett-Jackson. “We are looking forward to continuing to raise funds and awareness for countless charities. I am truly astounded by the generosity of the collector car community.”
“We’re incredibly proud of this historic milestone that builds on the legacy my parents Nellie and Russ, and Tom Barrett started more than five decades ago,” said Craig Jackson, chairman and CEO of Barrett-Jackson. “Over the years, the collector car family at Barrett-Jackson has supported more than 200 charities. Some of our most memorable auction moments have been the sale of charity vehicles, with the excitement that builds as the bids pour in. I want to thank our generous bidders and consignors for helping change countless lives over the years from the Barrett-Jackson auction block.”
Scottsdale and Arizona Car Auctions 2023
Many auction houses have sales during the annual Scottsdale week in Arizona, USA, in late January 2023, including amongst others:
- Barett-Jackson: 21 to 29 January 2023 in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Bonhams: 27 January 2023 in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- RM Sotheby’s: 26 January 2023 in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Russo and Steele: 26 – 30 January 2023 in Scottsdale.
- Gooding & Company: no Scottsdale auction scheduled in 2023.
Scottsdale & Arizona Auction Results
- Barrett-Jackson: Top-Ten Cars and Top Charity Lot Results at Scottsdale 2023
- Bonhams: Scottsdale 2023 Top Auction Results, including the most-expensive pre-First World War car ever sold.
- RM Sotheby’s: Top Results Arizona 2023 Sale
Scottsdale & Arizona Pre-Sale Announcements
- Barrett-Jackson: Charity Lots
- Bonhams: Top Ten Lots
- Bonhams: Chrysler Ghia Cars
- RM Sotheby’s: LaFerrari and Shelby 427 Competition Cobra
- RM Sotheby’s: Top Ten Lots
Scottsdale & Arizona Sales — Previous Auction Results
- 2022: Barrett-Jackson (Charity Lots), Bonhams, Gooding, RM Sotheby’s
- 2021: Overview, Barrett-Jackson (Charity Lots), Bonhams, Gooding, RM Sotheby’s
- 2020: Gooding, RM Sotheby’s, Barrett-Jackson & Barrett-Jackson (Charity Lots).
- 2019 Scottsdale Auctions Results Overview
- 2018 Scottsdale Auctions Results Overview
- 2017 Scottsdale Auctions Results Overview
- 2016: Barrett-Jackson, Gooding, RM Sotheby’s, Bonhams
- 2015 Scottsdale Results Overview
- 2014 Scottsdale & Arizona Collector Car Auction Results