A 2014 Ferrari LaFerrari and a 1965 Shelby 427 Competition Cobra are the early highlights announced for the RM Sotheby’s Arizona sale during Scottsdale Week 2023.
The first high-profile cars announced for the 2023 RM Sotheby’s Arizona sale during Scottsdale week include a 2014 Ferrari LaFerrari finished in Blu Elettrico over Crema leather that comes at a whopping estimate of $4,000,000 – $4,500,000. The 1965 Shelby 427 Competition Cobra is the only Cobra to have featured in the Cobra Caravan tour, a major Hollywood movie starring Elvis, and in period competition. The auction will also include at least one 2017 Ford GT — other auctioneers at Scottsdale 2023 are certainly going to feature more.
RM Sotheby’s Arizona (Scottsdale) Sale 2023
RM Sotheby’s Arizona classic car auction: 24 January 2023 at the Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa in Phoenix, Arizona, USA.
The annual Arizona auction during Scottsdale week is usually a good earner for RM Sotheby’s including the Arizona / Scottsdale auction record of $9,900,000 paid for a 1937 Mercedes Benz 540 K Special Roadster by Sindelfingen in 2016.
Earnings from recent RM Sotheby’s Arizona sale include:
|Year||Earnings||Sell-Through Rate %|
Early Highlights for RM Sotheby’s Arizona 2023 Classic Car Auction
Early highlights for the RM Sotheby’s Arizona 2023 sale during Scottsdale week include:
2014 Ferrari LaFerrari – Finished in Blu Elettrico over Crema leather, this is a truly unique example of an era-defining modern Ferrari hypercar. Delivered new to Ferrari super-collector Greg Whitten, its odometer indicates just 3,185 miles. The LaFerrari is estimated at $4,000,000 – $4,500,000.
1965 Shelby 427 Competition Cobra – CSX 3011 is truly a triple threat of Shelby significance: It is the only Cobra to have featured in the Cobra Caravan tour, a major Hollywood movie starring Elvis, and in period competition. The Cobra is estimated at $3,000,000 – $3,600,000.
2017 Ford GT – Offered from its first and only owner, this Ford GT is presented in virtually as-new condition throughout, having been driven less than 380 miles. Finished in Liquid Grey with Ingot Silver stripes, the GT rides on silver wheels with matching silver calipers, and it is optioned with the gloss-finish carbon fiber package. Inside, it boasts the “Dark Energy” interior theme, a $25,000 option, and is also equipped with the optional leather-wrapped steering wheel. This GT is estimated at $850,000 – $950,000. Similar cars (that no owner ever seems to drive) are expected at other auctioneers too.
Scottsdale and Arizona Car Auctions 2023
Many auction houses have sales during the annual Scottsdale week in Arizona, USA, in late January 2023, including amongst others:
- Barett-Jackson: 21 to 29 January 2023 in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Bonhams: 27 January 2023 in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- RM Sotheby’s: 26 January 2023 in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Russo and Steele: 26 – 30 January 2023 in Scottsdale.
- Gooding & Company: no Scottsdale auction scheduled in 2023.
Scottsdale & Arizona Auction Results
- Barrett-Jackson: Top-Ten Cars and Top Charity Lot Results at Scottsdale 2023
- Bonhams: Scottsdale 2023 Top Auction Results, including the most-expensive pre-First World War car ever sold.
- RM Sotheby’s: Top Results Arizona 2023 Sale
Scottsdale & Arizona Pre-Sale Announcements
- Barrett-Jackson: Charity Lots
- Bonhams: Top Ten Lots
- Bonhams: Chrysler Ghia Cars
- RM Sotheby’s: LaFerrari and Shelby 427 Competition Cobra
- RM Sotheby’s: Top Ten Lots
Scottsdale & Arizona Sales — Previous Auction Results
- 2022: Barrett-Jackson (Charity Lots), Bonhams, Gooding, RM Sotheby’s
- 2021: Overview, Barrett-Jackson (Charity Lots), Bonhams, Gooding, RM Sotheby’s
- 2020: Gooding, RM Sotheby’s, Barrett-Jackson & Barrett-Jackson (Charity Lots).
- 2019 Scottsdale Auctions Results Overview
- 2018 Scottsdale Auctions Results Overview
- 2017 Scottsdale Auctions Results Overview
- 2016: Barrett-Jackson, Gooding, RM Sotheby’s, Bonhams
- 2015 Scottsdale Results Overview
- 2014 Scottsdale & Arizona Collector Car Auction Results