A 2014 Ferrari LaFerrari, a 1965 Shelby 427 Competition Cobra, and 1969 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray ZL-1 Convertible are among the top ten lots on offer at the RM Sotheby’s Arizona sale during Scottsdale Week 2023. See also: 2023 RM Sotheby’s Arizona Sale Auction Results
The most expensive car on sale in the 2023 RM Sotheby’s Arizona auction during Scottsdale week is a 2014 Ferrari LaFerrari finished in Blu Elettrico over Crema leather that comes at a whopping estimate of $4,000,000 – $4,500,000. The 1965 Shelby 427 Competition Cobra, 1967 Ferrari 275 GTB/4, and 1971 Lamborghini Miura P400 SV are also expected to sell for over $3 million each. The 1969 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray ZL-1 Convertible is unique and its estimate of $2,600,000 – $3,000,000 reflects the desirability of this American car. Other top cars include regular auction favorites: a Ferrari F40, Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Roadster, Bugatti EB110 GT, and Porsche 959.
See also: 2023 RM Sotheby’s Arizona Sale Auction Results
RM Sotheby’s Arizona (Scottsdale) Sale 2023
RM Sotheby’s Arizona classic car auction: 24 January 2023 at the Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa in Phoenix, Arizona, USA.
The annual Arizona auction during Scottsdale week is usually a good earner for RM Sotheby’s including the Arizona / Scottsdale auction record of $9,900,000 paid for a 1937 Mercedes Benz 540 K Special Roadster by Sindelfingen in 2016.
Earnings from recent RM Sotheby’s Arizona sale include:
|Year||Earnings||Sell-Through Rate %|
Top Ten Cars on Offer at the RM Sotheby’s Arizona 2023 Classic Car Auction
The ten most expensive cars on offer at the RM Sotheby’s Arizona 2023 sale during Scottsdale Week are:
|1. 2014 Ferrari LaFerrari||$4,000,000 – $4,500,000|
|2. 1965 Shelby Competition Cobra||$3,000,000 – $3,600,000|
|3. 1967 Ferrari 275 GTB/4||$3,000,000 – $3,500,000|
|4. 1971 Lamborghini Miura P400 SV||$3,000,000 – $3,500,000|
|5. 1969 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray ZL-1 Convertible||$2,600,000 – $3,000,000|
|6. 1992 Ferrari F40||$2,200,000 – $2,800,000|
|7. 1966 Ferrari 500 Superfast Series II||$2,200,000 – $2,800,000|
|8. 1938 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Roadster||$1,700,000 – $1,900,000|
|9. 1994 Bugatti EB110 GT||$1,600,000 – $2,000,000|
|10. 1987 Porsche 959 Komfort||$1,600,000 – $2,000,000|
Top Lots at RM Sotheby’s Arizona 2023 Classic Car Auction
The two most expensive cars on offer in the RM Sotheby’s Arizona 2023 sale are the previously announced:
- 2014 Ferrari LaFerrari – Finished in Blu Elettrico over Crema leather, this LaFerrari was delivered new to Ferrari super-collector Greg Whitten, its odometer indicates just 3,185 miles.
- 1965 Shelby 427 Competition Cobra – CSX 3011 is the only Cobra to have featured in the Cobra Caravan tour, a major Hollywood movie starring Elvis, and in period competition.
Other top cars include:
1969 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray ZL-1 Convertible – the only convertible ZL-1. Bloomington Gold Certified, and one of two factory aluminum 427 ZL-1 Corvettes, this ZL-1 is powered by its factory-correct, date-coded, all-aluminum ZL-1 427-cu. in. V-8 engine and wears an accurate, award-winning restoration by Kevin Mackay of Corvette Repair, Inc. It is accompanied by authentic General Motors documentation and will cross the block with documents from the original owner, including its original tank sticker, sales invoice, and historic imagery. This opportunity represents the first time that a factory ZL-1 has been offered publicly in 30 years and, more importantly, the first time that the ZL-1 Convertible has ever been offered publicly.
1967 Ferrari 275 GTB/4 by Scaglietti – This largely original and well-preserved example, presented in its original color combination, has had just four dedicated caretakers from new, including a 45-year period of single-family ownership. It is the 203rd of 330 examples built and is documented with a SEFAC invoice and correspondence, service/restoration invoices dating back to 1967, former owner’s correspondence, and history by Marcel Massini.
1971 Lamborghini Miura P400 SV by Bertone – One of 150 SV examples built and wearing a color combination of Blu Notte over light gray, this Miura is desirably equipped with air conditioning and a split-sump lubrication system. Reportedly fully restored by Bobileff Motorcar Company, including an engine rebuild by the noted Bob Wallace, it was presented at Concorso Italiano, La Bella Macchina, and the Lamborghini Club of America National Meet.
1966 Ferrari 500 Superfast Series II by Pininfarina – One of just 12 second-series examples and one of 36 total examples built, this Superfast was originally owned by the legendary West Coast sports car importer and racing impresario John Von Neumann. It was comprehensively restored in 2006 by the respected Paul Russell and Co. and is equipped with a rare and powerful Tipo 208 engine that combines the best of the Lampredi and Colombo engine genealogies. Boasting a color combination of dark blue paint over cognac leather, it has been awarded at prestigious events including the Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance, Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance, and the Cavallino Classic.
Scottsdale and Arizona Car Auctions 2023
Many auction houses have sales during the annual Scottsdale week in Arizona, USA, in late January 2023, including amongst others:
- Barett-Jackson: 21 to 29 January 2023 in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Bonhams: 27 January 2023 in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- RM Sotheby’s: 26 January 2023 in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Russo and Steele: 26 – 30 January 2023 in Scottsdale.
- Gooding & Company: no Scottsdale auction scheduled in 2023.
Scottsdale & Arizona Auction Results
- Barrett-Jackson: Top-Ten Cars and Top Charity Lot Results at Scottsdale 2023
- Bonhams: Scottsdale 2023 Top Auction Results, including the most-expensive pre-First World War car ever sold.
- RM Sotheby’s: Top Results Arizona 2023 Sale
Scottsdale & Arizona Pre-Sale Announcements
- Barrett-Jackson: Charity Lots
- Bonhams: Top Ten Lots
- Bonhams: Chrysler Ghia Cars
- RM Sotheby’s: LaFerrari and Shelby 427 Competition Cobra
- RM Sotheby’s: Top Ten Lots
Scottsdale & Arizona Sales — Previous Auction Results
- 2022: Barrett-Jackson (Charity Lots), Bonhams, Gooding, RM Sotheby’s
- 2021: Overview, Barrett-Jackson (Charity Lots), Bonhams, Gooding, RM Sotheby’s
- 2020: Gooding, RM Sotheby’s, Barrett-Jackson & Barrett-Jackson (Charity Lots).
- 2019 Scottsdale Auctions Results Overview
- 2018 Scottsdale Auctions Results Overview
- 2017 Scottsdale Auctions Results Overview
- 2016: Barrett-Jackson, Gooding, RM Sotheby’s, Bonhams
- 2015 Scottsdale Results Overview
- 2014 Scottsdale & Arizona Collector Car Auction Results