The top sale results at the Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale 2023 collector car auction were for a 1989 Ferrari F40 and a 2005 Porsche Carrera GT.
Barrett-Jackson sold over 1900 cars at the 2023 Scottsdale collector car auction in Arizona to earn over $184 million. The top four car results were over a million dollars each with the most expensive cars a 1989 Ferrari F40 with racing history and a low-mileage 2005 Porsche Carrera GT. Two Ford GTs also sold for a over a million.
Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Collector Car Auction 2023
The Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale 2023 auction is scheduled for January 21 to 29, 2023, at Westworld of Scottsdale, Arizona, USA.
In 2023, Barrett-Jackson earned $184.2 million from selling 1907 cars and $6.41 million from automobilia. Barrett-Jackson also raised $1.89 million for charity from five cars to surpass the $150 million milestone for funds raised for charity to date.
In 2022, Barrett-Jackson earned around $195.9 million with a 100% sell-through rate on 1,841 cars and $7.3 million on 1,153 pieces of automobilia for a total of over $203.2 million. Additionally, Barrett-Jackson raised $8.8 million on ten charity lots.
The 2020 Scottsdale Auction was the largest-ever auction held by Barrett-Jackson and its most successful. Over 1,900 Resto-Mods, classics, and supercars sold for more than $129.7 million, and over 1,200 pieces of automobilia brought in well over $3.7 million. The sale of nine charity vehicles – including the first-ever C8 Corvette – raised $7.65 million for great causes.
Top Ten Results at Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale 2023 Sale
The top 10 auction vehicles that sold during the 2023 Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Auction included:
- 1989 Ferrari F40 (Lot #1405.1) – $2,750,000
- 2005 Porsche Carrera GT (Lot #1405) – $1,595,000
- 2019 Ford GT Lightweight Carbon Series (Lot #1419) – $1,320,000
- 2020 Ford GT Carbon Series (Lot #1390) – $1,320,000
- 1966 Shelby Group II Mustang – Built for Ken Miles (Lot #1396) – $770,000
- 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Custom Convertible (Lot #1367) – $770,000
- 1969 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 (Lot #1353) – $770,000
- 2012 Lexus LFA (Lot #1382) – $748,000
- 2021 Ferrari SF90 (Lot #1391) – $742,500
- 2019 Lamborghini Aventador SVJ (Lot #1407) – $671,000
The top result at the Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale 2023 collector car auction was $2,750,000 paid for a 1989 Ferrari F40. This was the middle result for the three F40s sold in January 2023 at various auctions. This early production F40 was a one-off finished in Nardo Grey and raced in period. The available horsepower output is between 700 bhp and 1000 bhp depending on the race setup.
The 2005 Porsche Carrera GT achieved $1,595,000 making it by far the most expensive of the four Carrera GTs sold at auction in January 2023. This red over dark gray car had a fairly low 3,310 miles on the clock.
Two Ford GT Carbon Series cars sold for the same $1,320,000. The 2020 car finished in Frozen White had 32 miles on the clock and $35,500 in factory options while the 2019 car was finished in Shadow Black and had only 10 miles on the clock and $74,750 in factory options fitted. The only other Ford GT sold thus far in 2023 was at Mecum Kissimmee and fetched just over a million dollar.
Top Automobilia Results at Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Auction 2023
With over 1,100 authentic pieces of automobilia auctioning for more than $6.41 million, the top three sales included:
- 1942 17-foot Chris Craft Special Runabout “Wood” Boat Bar (Lot #9484) – $120,750
- Large Ferrari Dealership Sign (Lot #9391.4) – $95,450
- Circa 1940s-50s Carriage Motors Animated Neon Porcelain Sign (Lot #9490.3) – $86,250
Barrett-Jackson’s next collector car auction is scheduled for April 13-15, 2023 in Palm Beach.
Scottsdale and Arizona Car Auctions 2023
Many auction houses have sales during the annual Scottsdale week in Arizona, USA, in late January 2023, including amongst others:
- Barett-Jackson: 21 to 29 January 2023 in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Bonhams: 27 January 2023 in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- RM Sotheby’s: 26 January 2023 in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Russo and Steele: 26 – 30 January 2023 in Scottsdale.
- Gooding & Company: no Scottsdale auction scheduled in 2023.
Scottsdale & Arizona Auction Results
- Barrett-Jackson: Top-Ten Cars and Top Charity Lot Results at Scottsdale 2023
- Bonhams: Scottsdale 2023 Top Auction Results, including the most-expensive pre-First World War car ever sold.
- RM Sotheby’s: Top Results Arizona 2023 Sale
Scottsdale & Arizona Pre-Sale Announcements
- Barrett-Jackson: Charity Lots
- Bonhams: Top Ten Lots
- Bonhams: Chrysler Ghia Cars
- RM Sotheby’s: LaFerrari and Shelby 427 Competition Cobra
- RM Sotheby’s: Top Ten Lots
Scottsdale & Arizona Sales — Previous Auction Results
- 2022: Barrett-Jackson (Charity Lots), Bonhams, Gooding, RM Sotheby’s
- 2021: Overview, Barrett-Jackson (Charity Lots), Bonhams, Gooding, RM Sotheby’s
- 2020: Gooding, RM Sotheby’s, Barrett-Jackson & Barrett-Jackson (Charity Lots).
- 2019 Scottsdale Auctions Results Overview
- 2018 Scottsdale Auctions Results Overview
- 2017 Scottsdale Auctions Results Overview
- 2016: Barrett-Jackson, Gooding, RM Sotheby’s, Bonhams
- 2015 Scottsdale Results Overview
- 2014 Scottsdale & Arizona Collector Car Auction Results