Bonhams announced several motorsport cars for the Paris 2022 sale including German racing sedans, replicas, and true racing cars.
The latest motorsport and racing cars announced for the Bonhams Paris 2022 classic car auction include German racing sedans such as a 1988 Audi 200 Turbo Quattro Nardo 6000 Speed Record Car (estimate €300,000 – 500,000), a 1991 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evo II DTM, and a 1982 BMW E28 528i ‘Eggenberger’ Competition. Also on sale are replicas of racing cars including a BMW M1 and a Mercedes-Benz 450 SLC Dakar. Several further racing cars were also announced including a 1931 Invicta, a 2007 Matra, and a 1966 Porsche 911 with confirmed Le Mans Classic entry.
Bonhams Les Grandes Marques du Monde à Paris Sale 2022
Bonhams Les Grandes Marques du Monde à Paris Sale: 3 February 2022 as a live auction in the Grand Palais Ephémère. This new exhibition pavilion on the Champs de Mars across from the Eiffel Tower is hosting Grand Palais events while the original is undergoing major renovations.
In 2022, Bonhams earned €19 million in Paris with a sell-through rate of 83%.
Bonhams earned €19,693,000 at the Paris 2020 classic car auction – its best result ever in Paris. The most-expensive car sold at the Bonhams Paris 2020 classic car sale was a 1932 Bugatti Type 55 that achieved €4,600,00 ($5,070,000). This was also the highest result of all the car auctions during Paris Rétromobile 2020 and one of five classic Bugattis selling for over $5 million in 2020.
Collection of a Gentleman Driver at Bonhams Paris 2022
Bonhams announced the Collection of a Gentleman Driver comprising 23 period and replica racing cars, all offered with No Reserve, for the Paris 2022 classic car auction. These cars include several German racing sedans as well as race-ready replicas or late 20th-century racing cars.
German Racing Sedans at the Bonhams Paris 2022 Sale
The collection of German racing sedans is led by a world-record breaker – the 1988 Audi 200 Turbo Quattro Nardo 6000 Speed Record Car, estimate €300,000 – 500,000, (No Reserve). This unique works car, the sole survivor of only three produced, was overseen by Dr Ferdinand Piëch, the then chairman of Volkswagen Group, and built to NASCAR regulations. Featuring lightweight Kevlar aprons and fenders, aluminum roof and doors and plexiglass windows, and powered by Audi’s 2.2-litre inline five-cylinder engine, the 200 had an output of 360hp and a top speed of 350km/h.
The car set two world and nine class records at the Nardo Ring test track in Italy and was purchased directly from Audi by Dr Sigi Brunn, one of its record-setting drivers.
Lining up with the Audi is a highly-original 1991 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evo II DTM, estimate €300,000 – 400,000(No Reserve), built by the DTM’s Team Snobeck and campaigned by Alain Cudini in the 1991 DTM championship and later by Michel Neugarten in the Belgian Procar series 1992/1993.
Also offered is a 1982 BMW E28 528i ‘Eggenberger’ Competition, estimate €120,000 – 180,000 (No Reserve), which was prepared for that year’s European Touring Car Championship, and also contested the Spa-Francorchamps 24-Hours several times.
Race Ready Replicas
Of note among the race-ready and well-built replicas offered in this collection are a 1975 Chevrolet Monza AMSA AAGT Replica Race-car, estimate €250,000 – 350,000 (No Reserve), a Belcar Historic Cup race winner which is eligible for the Le Mans Classic; a 1995 Sauber C9 ‘BMW M1’ Group 5 BASF Replica, estimate €200,000 – 300,000 (No Reserve), built to the same specification as Nelson Piquet’s original 1,000km Nurburgring-winning car, and a 1978 Mercedes-Benz 450 SLC 5.0 ‘Dakar’ Replica, estimate €150,000 – 200,000 (No Reserve).
Motorsport Highlights at Bonhams Paris 2022
Further motorsport highlights include:
- 1931 Invicta 4 ½-Litre S-Type Low Chassis Sports ‘Sentinel’, coachwork by Carbodies, estimate €1,100,000 – 1,400,000. One of the finest sports cars of the Vintage era, this one of 77 S-Types built has been extensively campaigned and has a guaranteed entry into the most prestigious events worldwide including the Mille Miglia Storica.
- 2007 Matra MS630 Sports Prototype Continuation, chassis no. 630-05, estimate €350,000 – 550,000. This authorised continuation of the 1967 season MSCs was built using original blueprints and powered by a GT40-type engine. Ready to race and eligible for the most prestigious motorsport events, this car has campaigned in the 2013 Masters Series and was the winner of the 2015 Daytona Classic Qualifying Race.
- 1966 Porsche 911 2.0L SWB FIA, estimate €100,000 – 140,000. An early short wheelbase example, this car has competed in French historic motorsport since 2000 and is offered with an entry to this year’s Le Mans Classic retrospective. It is ready to race in the most prestigious events, having previously campaigned in the 2013 Master Series and 2015 Daytona Classic (winner of the qualifying race).
Paris Rétromobile Week Auctions 2022
Classic Car Auctions
The traditional Paris Rétromobile Week was postponed from early February to 16 – 20 March 2022. The Artcurial auction was postponed too but currently, Bonhams and RM Sotheby’s are maintaining the early February dates.
- Bonhams: Les Grandes Marques à Paris Sale on 3 February 2022.
- Artcurial: Rétromobile Sale on 18 – 20 March 2022.
- RM Sotheby’s: Paris Auction 2 February 2022.
Paris Auctions 2022 Results
- Artcurial Paris Rétromobile 2022 Sale — Auction Results
- RM Sotheby’s Paris 2022 Sale — Auction Results
- Bonhams Paris 2022 Sale – Auction Results
Paris Auctions 2022 Previews
- Artcurial Paris Rétromobile 2022 Classic Car Auction (Sale Preview)
- Bonhams Paris 2022 Classic Car Auction (Sale Preview)
- RM Sotheby’s Paris 2022 Classic Car Auction (Sale Preview)
Paris Auctions 2022 Announcements
- Artcurial: Early Highlights (ex-Fangio Gordini, Peugeot 908)
- Artcurial: Ferrari Supercars (F40, F50, Enzo, LaFerrari)
- Bonhams: Early Highlights (Bugatti Type 57C, LaFerrari, Porsche 904)
- Bonhams: Ex-Schumacher Cars (Tesla & AMG Estate)
- Bonhams: German Racing Sedans (Audi Nardo Speed Record Car)
- RM Sotheby’s: Early Highlights (Ferrari 550 GTC)
- RM Sotheby’s: Petitjean Ferrari Collection (288 GTO, 275 GT/4)
Previous Paris Rétromobile Week Auction Results
- 2021 Artcurial Parisienne Sale Results (Rétromobile was cancelled in 2021)
- 2020 Paris Auction Results: Artcurial, Bonhams, RM Sotheby’s
- 2019 Paris Auction: Top 20 Results, Artcurial, Bonhams, RM Sotheby’s
- 2018 Paris Auction Results: General Overview, Artcurial, Bonhams, RM Sotheby’s
- 2017 Paris Auction Results: Artcurial, Bonhams, RM Sotheby’s
- 2016 Paris Auction Results: Artcurial, RM Sotheby’s, Bonhams, 1957 Ferrari 335 Sport
- 2015 Paris Auction Results: Results Overview, Artcurial, Bonhams, RM Auctions
- Results of the 2014 Paris Classic Car Auctions